30 April 2018
Dear Mövenpick Owner,
As an important business partner, I have the pleasure to inform you about an upcoming press announcement: the shareholders of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and AccorHotels have agreed to merge.
This is a major opportunity for all stakeholders and it paves the way for strong future growth. It is indeed an exciting opportunity to be part of the largest European hotel group.
There are many advantages including:
• The strength of AccorHotels’ loyalty program, with 40 million members and a strong presence in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
• Access to increased distribution power.
• A 24/7 Central Reservation office with multi-lingual capability.
• Economies of scale such as procurement savings and reduced commissions.
• Access to a talent pool across a large and varied portfolio.
According to Sébastien Bazin, Chairman and CEO of AccorHotels, “with the acquisition of Mövenpick, we are consolidating our leadership in the European market and are further accelerating our growth in emerging markets, in particular in the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. The Mövenpick brand is the perfect combination of modernity and authenticity and ideally complements our portfolio. Its European-Swiss heritage is a perfect fit with AccorHotels. By joining the Group, it will benefit from AccorHotels’ power, particularly in terms of distribution, loyalty-building and development.”
Naturally, all our commitments will be respected, and your property will continue to be managed with identical brand positioning and dedication.
Please feel free to contact me or any of my colleagues for any clarifications you may need.
President & CEO